2019 Illinois Art Therapy Conference
Call for Proposals
The Illinois Art Therapy Association is excited to invite proposals for the 38th annual conference: art: reconnect, rethink, redefine: A conversation about the use of art in contemporary Art Therapy practice.
Proposals may address any aspect of art and art making in the following categories but not limited to:
- The use of art and art making in clinical, studio and community-based models
- Art in self-care for art therapists and others in the helping profession
- Research and assessments that incorporate art, art history, art making and art skills/techniques
- Approaches to the use of NEW art making practices in art therapy including technology
- Art in supervision
- Using art to explore your own professional work as an art therapist
- Ethical implications of art making in various settings and current social trends such as social media, community-based work, exhibition of art, selling of art, technology
- Art-based research
- Collaboration with art therapists and other professionals such as artists, art educators, galleries, etc.
The proposal submission deadline is December 3, 2018!
Click the button below to view more information and download the proposal application.